STEM Problem-solving Challenges
Details and Regulations
- Organiser: S.W.C.S. Chan Pak Sha School
- Date: 20th November, 2022 (Sunday)
- Time: 13:00 to 16:00
- Venue: S.W.C.S. Chan Pak Sha School (1 Shum Wan Road, Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong)
|13:00-13:15||Reception counter at school entrance(Teachers / Parents and students)||Registration|
|13:15 – 14:30||Mentor’s HallWaiting room (Teachers / Parents)||STEM Problem-solving Challenges|
|14:30 – 15:15||Hall (Parents)||S1 Admission Talk|
|Mentor’s Hall & Around the campus (Students)||STEM activities|
|15:15-16:00||Hall (Teachers / Parents and students)||Prize-giving ceremony|
- Notes on Application:
- 1 All applicants must be nominated by the school. Application is free of charge.
- 2 All nominated students must be Primary 6 students in the school year 2022/23.
- 3 Each school can nominate a maximum of 6 students for the competition.
- 4 All contestants must be accompanied by teachers or parents to take part in the competition. Designated classrooms will be reserved as waiting rooms for teachers and parents.
- 5 Except for exempted persons, all visitors must fulfil the “Vaccine Pass” requirements when entering the school premise.
- 6 Application must be submitted before 17:00 on 28th October, 2022 by fax, email or online application.
- Mode of competition:
- 1 The competition will last for about an hour, comprising of a Question-Answer session, instant programming and collaborative problem-solving tasks.
- 2 Contestants are required to take part in various STEM activities in both team and individual settings. Scores obtained in the activities will be on a cumulative basis to compete for the awards.
- Notes to contestants
- 1 All contestants must be accompanied by a teacher or parent and arrive at the designated venue 15 minutes before the competition. Contestants must wear the school uniform and bring along either the student card or student handbook. Those who fail to comply may risk disqualification.
- 2 All contestants must bring their own iPad / tablet, which is fully charged for the competition. The organizing school will provide Wi-Fi connection for competition purpose.
- 3 Should be there any changes to the regulations, the version announced on the date of competition should prevail.
- 4 Queries should reach the officer-in-charge immediately after the event. The decision of the organising committee will be final.
- 1 Individual awards include Gold, Silver, Bronze and participation certificates.
- 2 Top three contestants will be awarded “Individual Champion”, “Individual First runner-up” and “Individual Second runner-up”.
- 3 Top three teams will be awarded “Team Champion”, “Team First runner-up” and “Team Second runner-up”.
- Only the awardee list will be announced in the competition result. The decision of organsing committee is final for all competition-related matters.
- For enquires, please contact Mr Lin Pang Ching at 25535324.